NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feb 28th - record low/ high temps & wind chills

+5
Frank_Wx
SNOW MAN
CPcantmeasuresnow
docstox12
amugs
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Feb 28th -  record low/ high temps & wind chills - Page 2 Empty Re: Feb 28th - record low/ high temps & wind chills

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:13 am

It's going to be like the scene in Striking Distance if I beat Cp's low temp today. You know the scene towards the end where the supposedly dead cop has got Bruce Willis tied to a chair and he's beating on his chest yelling WHO'S THE BEST COP NOW ! WHO'S THE BEST COP NOW ! Picture me doing the same thing except I'll be yelling WHO'S GOT THE LOW TEMPERATURE NOW ! WHO'S GOT LOW TEMPERATURE NOW ! Twisted Evil

SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Feb 28th -  record low/ high temps & wind chills - Page 2 Empty Re: Feb 28th - record low/ high temps & wind chills

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:44 am

SNOW MAN wrote:It's going to be like the scene in Striking Distance if I beat Cp's low temp today. You know the scene towards the end where the supposedly dead cop has got Bruce Willis tied to a chair and he's beating on his chest yelling WHO'S THE BEST COP NOW ! WHO'S THE BEST COP NOW ! Picture me doing the same thing except I'll be yelling WHO'S GOT THE LOW TEMPERATURE NOW ! WHO'S GOT LOW TEMPERATURE NOW ! Twisted Evil

Okay snowman, I am now logged on and posting my official low for the morning of 1.1° above zero, but I am not admitting defeat.

There are two things in play here,

1. There is obviously something wrong with my thermometer, and I'm taking it in to be checked today.

2. Your thermometer is obviously on some kind of PED, or artificial refrigerant. I checked the mesonet observations and I don't see any minus fives in your area. I'm going to need a picture of this so-called -5 reading. And I'm going to need a sample of your thermometers sensors.

I'm not accusing you of cheating, but let's face it when a thermometer starts producing readings that no other thermometers in the same area are capable of producing something doesn't smell right. Maybe the sensor made a little trip to the downstairs freezer this morning?

Despite the alleged -5 degree cold I sense you sweating snowman, am I getting a little too close to a subject you don't want to discuss?

A hearing with Commissioner a mugs, will be scheduled next week. Maybe it's time to make a call to Joe Tacopina or Alan Dershowitz.

CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:27 am

Too comical that we are having a war over who has the lowest temperature.

If a hearing is to be called I need to gas up my tank and hit the road to pay a visit to both stations to determine the accuracy of the thermometer.

Question gentlemen, what brand and type of system are you using?

God I hope not the one Mom used when you where little - therein lie's the answer!

WINTER 2014-15 : 55.12" +.02 for 6 coatings (avg. 35")
WINTER 2015-16 Total - 29.8" (Avg 35")
WINTER 2016-17 : 39.5" so far
amugs
amugs
Advanced Forecaster - Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:39 am

There will be a new mathematical equation to be devised. The lowest temperature reading will be proportional to who pays off Mugsy the most.....CP or Snow.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:00 pm

I beg to differ Mt. Pocono got down to -7* this morning, so obviously you checked NOTHING (as Colonel Schultz would say ) in my area. As for my weather stations, I have two. One is the Davis 6250 Vantage Vue and the other is a Acu-Rite model #01015 and this Summer I'll be putting up my brothers (RIP Bro) Davis Vantage Pro 2. You can never have enough weather info.
You can actually still check the weather at my brother's house because it's still connected to the internet.
You go to the Davis website and there's a link you can click on to see stations all over the country. Just put in Bob's Pocono Township weather
and you can see the information live. I just can't bring myself to disconnect it yet. He passed away last July 13th. He was only 55 years old and retired already.
Very sad. Sad 

Psssst Mugs how much will it take to see it my way ? Don't tell that Cp dude NOTHING ! Laughing

Last edited by SNOW MAN on Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:02 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:I beg to differ Mt. Pocono got down to -7* this morning, so obviously you checked NOTHING (as Colonel Schultz would say ) in my area. As for my weather stations, I have two. One is the Davis 6250 Vantage Vue and the other is a Acu-Rite model #01015 and this Summer I'll be putting up my brothers (RIP Bro) Davis Vantage Pro 2. You can never have enough weather info.

Psssst Mugs how much will it take to see it my way ? Don't tell that Cp dude NOTHING ! Laughing 

Sorry to hear about your brother Snowman, that's gotta be tough.
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:06 pm

I second that sentiment from CP,Snow.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:12 pm

Thank you guy's, It means a lot. My mom is having a hard time with it for sure. Your not suppose to bury your children is what she always says and she's right. I'm just glad I can be here for her. Thanks again guys.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:18 pm

I wonder if this will be the last time we will have below zero temps this season ?
I have a feeling it will be.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:27 pm

docstox12 wrote:I second that sentiment from CP,Snow.

Snow - OMG!

We here at the NJ Weather Forum Family (I as self appointed KING SNOW WEENIE and now manager of the Snover the Hill Gang Comedy Hour) offer our deepest sympathies to you and your family - very sad and tough. Hang onto that weather station as long as you'd like - that is a piece of your brother that is still with you. On behalf of all of us our condolences.

Mugs

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:30 pm

Now the decisive decision cannot be until a luchbag full of you know what is placed under the driver side seat of my Altima is in order for me to decide - not like the Honeymooner episode - Fortune! A friggin' classic. The ol' Italian way of doin' bizzeeness!

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:39 pm

Thank you very much Mugs. Your right this forum is like a family. There are some GREAT people on here and I do enjoy the funny posts you and other people put on here. It takes some of the pain away.
As my dad always said life goes on and he was right. Mug's thank you again it's deeply appreciated and yes you will always be the KING SNOW WEENIE on this board and the manager of the Snover the Hill Gang Comedy Hour. Sometimes you sound like your shot out of cannon. Cracks me up. Laughing
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:46 pm

It's funny my wife and I were talking about that episode just yesterday.
Great show, they don't make shows like that anymore.

You will be taken care of handsomely my friend. Check under that seat in a few days. Remember don't tell that Cp guy anything. Mums the word.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:55 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:It's funny my wife and I were talking about that episode just yesterday.
Great show, they don't make shows like that anymore.

You will be taken care of handsomely my friend. Check under that seat in a few days. Remember don't tell that Cp guy anything. Mums the word.

Snow, you will be interested to know that in May 1984, I ,docstox, played Edward T Norton in the Paramus Theatre Groups Spring show schedule.We did the episode "Murder Strikes Out" where Ralph gets two tickets for a Broadway show.We had to do that episode as there are no scene changes in it.

One of the best months of my life, we had 100 people screaming when the shows went on!

PS. I'm a Honeymooners Freak ("never again will I ooo-ooo you!)
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 pm

There are so many classic honeymooner episodes, and so many classic lines from that show but one in particular stick out in my mind.

The episode where Norton handcuffs he and Ralph together on the train to what they thought was the raccoon convention in Norfolk Virginia.

Norton lying on the top bunk of the train still handcuffed to Ralph, calls down. "hey Ralph, you mind if I smoke". Ralph's reply," I don't care if you burn".
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:00 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:Thank you very much Mugs. Your right this forum is like a family. There are some GREAT people on here and I do enjoy the funny posts you and other people put on here. It takes some of the pain away.
As my dad always said life goes on and he was right. Mug's thank you again it's deeply appreciated and yes you will always be the KING SNOW WEENIE on this board and the manager of the Snover the Hill Gang Comedy Hour. Sometimes you sound like your shot out of cannon. Cracks me up. Laughing

Yes, I can see it all now.......The audience files in, the lights dim and the announcers comes out and says....

"Ladies and Gentlemen, for your entertainment pleasure we have with us tonight, the Snover the Hill Gang formerly known as Mugsy and the Isobars, performing their favorite tunes including

"I've Got Those Conflicting Model Blues From My Head Down To My Shoes"

"I'm Stuck In The Snowhole Again"

Dedicated to the Zookeeper----"You Can't Hide Your Lying Eyes"

And, ladies and Gentlemen, since this is going to be a subzero night, SNOW and CP will sing a special duet selection... "I Wish I Was In Circleville Tonight"
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:06 pm

One other honeymooner classic line and then I have to get some work done.

Ralph and Norton in the pool hall when they unknowingly take a pool table from a little guy that was using it before them, unknown to them he had a big friend named Harvey, that was playing with him.

The little guys quote to Ralph," you guys better give me back the pool table before my friend Harvey gets back. You better watch out he's even bigger than me"

Ralph's reply to the little guy, " I have a friend Shirley that's bigger than you".
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:07 pm

docstox12 wrote:
SNOW MAN wrote:Thank you very much Mugs. Your right this forum is like a family. There are some GREAT people on here and I do enjoy the funny posts you and other people put on here. It takes some of the pain away.

Yes, I can see it all now.......The audience files in, the lights dim and the announcers comes out and says....

"Ladies and Gentlemen, for your entertainment pleasure we have with us tonight, the Snover the Hill Gang formerly known as Mugsy and the Isobars, performing their favorite tunes including

And, ladies and Gentlemen, since this is going to be a subzero night, SNOW and CP will sing a special duet selection... "I Wish I Was In Circleville Tonight"

Doc, you're friggin riot lol! 
CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:07 pm

That's great Doc. I'm sure you probably have the Honeymooners dvd set. It has all of those
great episodes in it. Every year when I go to my mom's for Christmas we watch all of them. You can't stop laughing no matter how many times you've seen them.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:08 pm

When you get to work, CP, say hello to Mr. Marshall at the Gotham Bus Company.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:10 pm

SNOW MAN wrote:That's great Doc. I'm sure you probably have the Honeymooners dvd set. It has all of those
great episodes in it. Every year when I go to my mom's for Christmas we watch all of them. You can't stop laughing no matter how many times you've seen them.

SNOW, I got them years ago on VHS tapes.The very best of TV Comedy in the 50's.Thank God for DVD because the only one still broadcasting them is WPIX on New Years Marathons.

RX!
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by docstox12 Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:12 pm

CPcantmeasuresnow wrote:
docstox12 wrote:

Doc, you're friggin riot lol! 

Man, I was laughing and crying from it typing that out!

5 good laughs a day keep the Doctor away, friend. And this website sure gives them to me.Great comedy here.
docstox12
docstox12
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:14 pm

We watch it every year. They also usually play 2 episodes on WPIX on Sunday nights at 11:30pm.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by CPcantmeasuresnow Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:15 pm

docstox12 wrote:When you get to work, CP, say hello to Mr. Marshall at the Gotham Bus Company.

How about when Ralph fed Mr. Marshall dog food?

I'm dying just thinking about it, I got to get back to work enough of this.

Snowman, I feel awful about you losing your brother.

I know it's not quite the same, but I lost a good friend three years ago that I've known since high school, that was in my wedding party that I was talking to up until the day he died. Not a day goes by I still don't think about him, and as time goes by its more with a smile then with sorrow because I remember so many good times and good laughs.

I hope you can get to that point someday, I trust you will.

CPcantmeasuresnow
CPcantmeasuresnow
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

Back to top Go down

Post by amugs Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:24 pm

Okay - the Snover the Hill Gang (AKA Mugsy and the Isobars - before the nuclide left the group) will be appearing at the Roxy in New Brunswick for an encore performance.

We are booked so let's get the music sheets - Doc pull them from the archives and warm up our vocals - MEMEMEMEMEEEEE!!!

IT"S SHOWTIME BOYS!!

The best line in the Honeymooners stated above - "I don't care if you burn" and one of the best scenes:

Ralph slams his hand on the table as the lawyer for the rich old lady who was leaving Ralph his fortune says

"Norton I'm rich" and the when turns around to collect his "Fortune" their is parrakeet in a bird cage in front of him and he says what is this and the lawyer says 'Well, your Fortune".

amugs
amugs

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:33 pm

Thanks Cp. Sorry to hear about your friend. I know just how you feel. I lost my best friend on March 14 2004 she died of cancer. We were so close to one another it was like we were brother and sister. She had jaw cancer. She had surgery to remove part of her jaw and then they reconstructed it from a piece of her femur bone and then she had to have a skin graph from her thigh to replace the skin they removed from around her jaw. She always said the skin graph was the most painful part of the whole thing. She was doing really well and then things went down hill fast. In a month she was gone. It took me over a year to move on. But to this day I still think of her everyday and wish things worked out differently. The saving grace is at least she isn't suffering anymore and she's at peace. It's really hard to get over things like this as you already know. Again sorry about your friend.
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by SNOW MAN Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Great stuff Mug's
We better stop talking about all of these things on this thread otherwise Frank and the other moderators are going to ban all of us. YIKE'S affraid 
SNOW MAN
SNOW MAN
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum