NJ Strong Weather Forum

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

NJ Strong Weather Forum
NJ Strong Weather Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warmest February on record and 6th warmest winter on record

2 posters

Go down

Warmest February on record and 6th warmest winter on record Empty Warmest February on record and 6th warmest winter on record

Post by Math23x7 Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:00 pm

February 2017 will finish at 41.6 degrees for CPK, surpassing February 2012's 40.9 degrees.

Using the calculations I put in, the 2016-17 winter should finish at 39.25, though rounding it up would be 39.3, 6th on record.

On a side note, while 1990-91 was before this winter the sixth warmest winter on record, it was not at 39.2. I looked at the archived monthly tables and saw the mean temperature during this time was actually around 39.1.

Regardless, it was quite warm, especially down the stretch.

I mentioned this before but if you take the eight warmest winters on record for NYC going back to 1869-70, seven of them have occurred in my lifetime, and I am 26 years old.

And tomorrow's forecast high in the low 70s doesn't really help March get off to a good start.

Math23x7
Wx Statistician Guru
Wx Statistician Guru

CPcantmeasuresnow likes this post

Back to top Go down

Warmest February on record and 6th warmest winter on record Empty Re: Warmest February on record and 6th warmest winter on record

Post by dkodgis Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:28 am

I did not check the numbers, but I guess Math can update this thread because wasn't this February the warmest in the HV?
dkodgis
dkodgis
Senior Enthusiast
Senior Enthusiast

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum